TEFL in Tunis/ TESOL in Tunis
The TEFL/TESOL training centre is located in Tunis, the capital of Tunisia. El Manar City is considered a very attractive, lively place. The TEFL school is near the university campus, and
it is close to the metro station, malls and clinics. Cathage International Airport is approximatey 7 km away from the school (about 13 minutes) . The TEFL centre is a friendly space where candidates enjoy learning with fun. TEFL students have access to the internet at any time.
The school organizes cultural events on weekends. We have planned visits to Medina and the monuments of the Roman Civilization in Tunis Carthage. A tour of the First Museum of
Mosaics of Bardo is also planned. Apart from learning about historic sites in Tunis, TEFL students will get acqainted with the daily routines of its citizens.
Apart from customized schedules you may arrange for, our TEFL center offers the followinggeneral course dates :
- 6 August – 31 August (summer holiday)
- 4 September – 28 September
- 1 October – 26 October
- 29 October – 23 November
- 26 November – 21 December (winter holiday)
Total tuition: US $1,200
Deposit : US $300
Balance payment : US $900
Teaching English in Tunisia
Teaching English in public schools seems to be a little bit difficult due to the regulations. Teaching English in higher education, especially if you have MA or PhD, it’s much easier. Yet, in Tunisia we have a growing number of international schools which hire local or foreign teachers alike. A TEFL certificate is considered a powerful qualification if you want to get a
job quicker and easier. Salaries depend on the qualifications. Frankly speaking, they are not as high as compared to European and North American countries. Looking at the living standard in Tunisia
however, they are acceptable, and teaching English is considered one of the good jobs.
Private schools can offer many opportunities for teachers as well. With a TEFL certificate in your pocket, you can win a contract, or if you’re paid per hour, you can powerfully negociate your pay.
You are making the best decision in your life by choosing Tunis as your TEFL course location, and here are the reasons:
- Tunisia is a fascinating land of color and contrast. It offers far more than just 700 miles of sandy beaches, lapped by the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea. From atmospheric souks, water sports and water parks to stunning Roman ruins and an unbelievably rich history, not to mentionTunisia‘s mystical Saharan South, Tunisia is home to many awe-inspiring attractions.
- Tunis is a small town, so you won’t feel strange or lost. It’s friendly and cozy.
- Tunis is a democratic town where there is freedom of expression, of religions and even of appearance. So, there are no worries about cultural differences.
- Living standard in Tunis is average, and it’s flexible. You can spend the least or the most according to your preferences. Food : There are a range of popular restaurants where meals are not so expensive (a medium-size pizza costs $2,5/ mineral water a set of six bottles of mineral water ( 1,5 ltr) costs $1,5/ fruits, vegetables and other goods vary, and it’s better to buy them from the malls or the markets ; they are fresh and reasonably priced.
- One more reason to go for your TEFL certificate to Tunisia is that the value of the local currency has dropped sharply. The US dollar or the Euro are double and triple the value of the local currency right now, so the smart candidate should take advantage and go for the TEFL with less cost but the most unforgettable sights.
Weather in Tunisia
Due to its location on the Mediterranean Sea, Tunisia enjoys a combination of both an African and Mediterranean climate. Temperatures in Tunisia are generally high throughout the year with
cooler weather at night. July has an average temperature of 30°C that often rises above 35°C on a hot day. The Mediterranean Sea is warm and perfect for swimming. Its cooling breeze gives
you a wonderful relieve from the higher temperatures present as you move towards mainland Tunisia.
There is daily sunshine of 12 hours per day in summer with a meager 1 mm rainfall per month. Humidity levels are fairly low at just 51%, which makes the heat more bearable. Things begin to
cool down towards October, but not much. The average daily temperature is around 28°C with sea temperatures reaching highs of 24°C. The sun rises each morning at 6:00 am in autumn and
doesn’t set until 5:45 pm, allowing for 11 hours of sunshine per day. Tunisia weather remains warm and pleasant in winter with an average temperature of 18°C. Lows are around 11°C, so it’s good to have a jacket in the evening.
Things to bring
- insect repellent
- sun glasses
- sun protection
- a scarf to protect yourself from the wind carrying the sand
- loose-fitting cotton clothes for the desert
- light jacket or sweater for the evenings
- hiking boots